[Mageia-discuss] Install fails

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+mageia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 17:42:29 CEST 2011

On dimanche 11 septembre 2011 at 14:05, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote :
> Installed Mageia 1 on an external HD, work a treat; glad I did, enables
> me to wrtie this !
>
> I then trie to upgrade my Mdv 2010.2 system, from the Mageia 1 DVD, the
> upgrade failed.
>
> Then tried to install Mageia1 from the DVD on the HD that formerly held
> athe Mdv 2010.2 install
> Install hangs after partitionning, with an error message that mentions
> ldconfig.
>
> I have fschk'ed all partitions, same result. What should I try ?

Could you provide the exact error message you get when trying to install?
If the installer is still responsive after the error, you can try switching
to virtual console 3 and 4 (Ctrl-Alt-F3/F4) to see if you have any other
error message there.

Also, from a live CD (like system rescue CD) you can check if you have any
SMART error for your disks (with smartctl).

--
Renaud Michel