[Mageia-discuss] Install fails

andre999 andre999.mga at laposte.net
Mon Sep 12 11:36:26 CEST 2011

KevinO a écrit :
> On 09/11/2011 05:05 AM, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
>> Installed Mageia 1 on an external HD, work a treat; glad I did, enables me to
>> wrtie this !
>>
>> I then trie to upgrade my Mdv 2010.2 system, from the Mageia 1 DVD, the
>> upgrade failed.
>>
> Do not 'upgrade'. Do a clean install. (This has been stated here repeatedly.)

Sorry, but that is not true.
The Mageia 1 DVD was _designed_ to upgrade mdv 2010.2, and worked flawlessly on
my portable.  (Much better than any recent mdv upgrade.)
However, it will (likely) not work if you try to update using a USB 2.0 optical
drive.
Probably because the USB interface to an optical drive is too slow.
(I tried that initially, without thinking, as my portable will not write DVD's.)

--
André