[Mageia-discuss] I'd like to start to discuss the possibility of having one language per iso when it comes to full DVD-versions, similar to the Live-versions.

Kira elegant.pegasus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 02:55:52 CEST 2011

在 Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:51:15 +0800, Kristoffer Grundström
<kristoffer.grundstrom1983 at gmail.com>寫道:

> Hi!
>
> A long time have I wondered why a Swedish man/woman would want to have
> more languages on his/her iso to install just Swedish as language.
>
> I'm therefor opening a discussion to perhaps solve this little proposal
> that I've got.
>
> Look at the Live-iso's that we have to offer, they come with 16
> languages each.
>
> Lets think for a second that a user doesn't want to install a
> Live-system & to use a large iso with unnessecary languages is out of
> question.
>
> How does he/she solve it to install Mageia?
>
> My idea is that we transform the full-DVD iso to one-language only, but
> more iso's in the end.
>
> Like this:
>
> mageia-dvd-1-i586.iso in a language-dir under
> ftp://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mageia/iso/1/
>
> The result is that you shrink the DVD much & you can add other stuff
> that doesn't fit in the ordinary DVD's for some reason.......perhaps add
> more drivers.
>
> I got my idea from looking in the Mozilla-way of showing people how to
> find their language-version of Firefox, Thunderbird etc.....
>
> Don't get me wrong about this....... I really really really REEEEEEAALLY
> love Mageia & I intend to continue using it for all future, but I just
> wanted to make a proposition that makes the choice of iso much easier.
>
> Please think about it & discuss the pro's & con's.

A Major question: So you got about 50~60 or even more different ISO

with only difference in language? I think that would cause too much

mirror resource and not too many mirror would like to offer the services.