[Mageia-discuss] Spell checkers on Libre Office

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Sep 14 10:35:43 CEST 2011

Am 14.09.2011 10:07, schrieb Alejandro López:
> As I got not one answer for this question, I presume I asked in the
> wrong list. Can someone tell me which would be the right list?
>
> 2011/9/11 Alejandro López<listas.apl at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have my system running in spanish and LibreOffice was correctly installed
>> in spanish and spell checker is working fine.
>>
>> However, I usually write documents also in french and english. I'm trying to
>> install the dictionaries for those extra languages without success. Are
>> there packages in mageia for that? I tried with the libreoffice-langpack-*
>> packages but when I try to select any of them I get this error:

>> Following package cannot be selected:
>>
>> libreoffice-langpack-fr-3.3.3.1-0.1.mga1.i586 (because libreoffice-core[==
>> 3.3.3.1-0.1.mga1] is not satisfied)
>>
>> and the package is deselected. Needless to say that the libreoffice-core
>> package I have installed in my system is exactly 3.3.3.1-0.1.mga1...
>>
>> My questions are:
>>
>> - are the langpack packages the way to install dictionaries?
>>
>> - If yes, why then I get this error message?
>> - If not, which is then the right method for installing dictionaries?
>>

>> Thanks in advance.
>> Alejandro.

I'm not into libreoffice, but i think it uses myspell dictionaries.
The libreoffice-fr package only contains french translations of libreoffice,
AFAIK. You want myspell-fr_FR and one of the myspell-en_ variants
(en_GB, en_US, en_ZA ...)

About the installation problem i'm not sure, but maybe the forum
is better suited than this list for troubleshooting?