[Mageia-discuss] Mageia review with bad experience

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:07:43 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 09:10, Maarten Vanraes <maarten at rmail.be> wrote:
> Op vrijdag 07 oktober 2011 08:33:10 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
>> 2011/10/7 andre999 <andre999mga at laposte.net>:
>> > It is obvious that the reviewer was a little confused -- and I have
>> > doubts that this confusion has anything to do with Mageia.  What can I
>> > say, we don't choose the reviewers :-\

But still, this kind of review is still interesting, it hints to
issues that may seem "obvious" to the rest of us that are obviously
not. It comes down to who we build this product for, in the end.

>> My favorite part is where he complains about the message "You must add
>> media": how would anybody know what to do with a button "Add media"
>> next to the message. :)
>
> yes, that was funny, first he complains of no codec (likely patented) and then
> about no media sources, which would solve the first one. /o\

But, as a (new) user, how is he supposed to know firsthand? Couldn't
the feedback and whole user flow be changed?

For instance, if the only action available to "No medium found" is
"Add media", why confuse him by asking what to do? instead of just
adding the media and asking a further, more to the point question? (or
doing something else more to the point in this context)

> furthermore, he gives alot of subjective feelings.

That's to be expected from anyone using a device for her own benefit. :-)

Romain