[Mageia-discuss] Network connection at install time

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 9 23:40:39 CEST 2011

On 10/09/2011 05:23 PM, Len Lawrence wrote:
>  However, for the last five or six installs there has been
> native support but the attempt to connect at the end of the install
> has always failed.  On booting the new system the network comes up
> fine.
I'd say it is worth pursuing.  You should enter a bug report.  I assume
you know that the network is actually up during the install, e.g.
because you're doing a network install.  You would need to have a USB
stick or a floppy disk available during install.  When you get whatever
error you get during the updates phase at the end, switch to virtual
console 2 via CTRL-ALT-F2 and type "bug".  This will place a diagnostic
file on the USB or floppy called report.bug, which you should *attach*
(not cut and paste) to the bug report.  It should contain the syslog,
which should itself contain messages indicating why the network failed
to come up.