[Mageia-discuss] Mageia review with bad experience

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:37:18 CEST 2011

Am Montag, 10. Oktober 2011, 23:29:08 schrieb Michael Scherer:
> With the problem of having experienced people leaving, because "mandrake
> is a distribution for newbie, i am not a newbie, therefor, mandrake is
> not for me". This surely helped debian or fedora to get contributers.

Yes, that's why I always pressed at the linux events I was present, that in
the past Mandrake/Mandriva and now Mageia is a distribution, that makes it
easy for newbies to start, but isn't holding back anything for experienced
users.
Other than yast did in the past and still does in parts, the draktools don't
overwrite any configuration but parses it correctly.

We have to make it clear, that we do care about newbies but we don't "lay any
stones in the way" of experienced users.
After all, if we did, most of us wouldn't use it, would we?

Oliver