[Mageia-discuss] (no subject)

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Thu Oct 13 06:31:17 CEST 2011

Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> Johnny A. Solbu skrev 12.10.2011 11:38:
>> On Wednesday 12 October 2011 10:30, Oliver Burger wrote:
>>> even the best security features a mailing list software
>>> can provide won't safe you from a Human spammer toi actually
>>> subscribe to the
>>> list, will it?
>>
>> That was not the issiue with my last post. Andre implied that Mageias
>> lists did not require membership in order to send messages because it
>> was "to hard".
>>

> Well, that was wrong answer.
>
> We do require people to be subscribed in order to post to the lists.
>
> But since it only checks sender address, it's easy to spoof and send
> with another users address as sender id.
>
> --
> Thomas

I couldn't remember the English word for spoofing, but most of the spam
I receive is identified by my browser as suspected spoofing.
(Hameçonnage in French.)
Which is usually but not always the case.

supposedly coming from a subscriber adresse, which would remove most spam.
But how can a mailing list easily (and reliably) verify that the email
comes from a member, and that the adresse isn't spoofed ?

--
André