[Mageia-discuss] DVD to mp3

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Oct 19 23:00:37 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 19 Oct 2011 17:31 my mailbox was graced by a message from David
W. Hodgins who wrote:
> > Portuguese, and live in Paraguay; I was surprised to see that part of the
> > avidemux GUI is in Spanish, and that smplayer, which I recently
> > installed, has all the GUI in Spanish, in spite of my install being in
> > English; I also get
>
> Check the output of the locale command,

ron at localhost:~ $ locale
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_NAME=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=es_PY.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

> the settings in systemsettings/Common Appearance and
> > Behaviour/Locale/Country Region & Language/Languages,

Prefered language: British English

> > and also localdrake.

localedrake confirms English as language, and Paraguay a country.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
                while loving someone deeply gives you courage.