[Mageia-discuss] FSF Campaign against Microsoft's Plan to Enforce "Secure Boot"

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 24 18:43:42 CEST 2011

Op 24-10-11 18:25, Dale Huckeby schreef:
>> it was immediate. Check your spam folder.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Marja van Waes <marja11 at xs4all.nl>
>> wrote:
>>       Op 23-10-11 13:31, Shlomi Fish schreef:
>>
>> http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2011/10/fsf-campaign-against-secure-boot.html
>>

> I got and clicked the link within seconds (just now) but the link said
> I had joined a mailing list,
> not that I had confirmed a signature!!!??
>
> Dale Huckeby

I think everything went well if the mail you got after you confirmed was:
''''Welcome. Your membership in the "Stand up for your freedom to
install free software" group has been activated.''''
That's what I got right after signing and going to the link.

Joining the mailing list for monthly FSF news gives this mail after
confirming:
''''Welcome. Your membership in the "Free Software Supporters" group has
been activated.''''
I joined that list 4 hours later, so I'm very sure :)