[Mageia-discuss] Replacing LibreOffice and Gimp by Calligra in Mageia 2

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Mon Nov 14 04:45:09 CET 2011

First, Calligra is not that compatible with OOo or LibreO.  The slides
Calligra Stage made would become very funny when showing in OOo or LibreO
Impress.

Second, Calligra could not generate Microsoft office format file.  The fact is
that, there are still many people using Microsoft Office and
OpenOffice/LibreOffice.  It will add a lot of difficulties to us before
Calligra solves all these compatibility problems.

Besides, Calligra is still a nightmare for Chinese (or even CJK) users...  The
font processing seems to be problematic.

I vote against this idea.

Franklin

andre999 於 2011-11-14 寫道: