[Mageia-discuss] Firefox 8

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 12:44:29 CET 2011

On 11/25/2011 08:58 AM, Florian Hubold wrote:
> Am 25.11.2011 14:49, schrieb TJ:
>> My original post wasn't meant to be a complaint on the delay, though reading
>> it again I can see where it could be taken that way. I merely wanted to let
>> somebody know that Firefox 8.0.1 seemed to be working for me. BTW, I did get
>> the notice that the non-USA English language packs were being disabled as
>> incompatible, but because they were for FF 7.0.1 and I had downloaded and
>> installed just the USA version of 8.0.1, I thought nothing of it.
>>
>> I admit to being a bit frustrated at not finding anything by myself about why
>> it was taking as long as it has, but apparently that's because my search
>> skills aren't up to the task. My apologies if anyone took offense.
>>
>> TJ
>>

> Not taken as a complaint here, but still i wanted to give
> some information why it has taken so long.
> If you want definitive information, normally there is always
> a bug report for such security updates, so you could have
> searched bugzilla. Or just poked around on IRC :)

I did search Bugzilla, but either my search phrase wasn't effective, or
I just passed over it in the results. Quite possible, either way. No big
deal.

One other piece of information... The update just came through, with the
new other-than-US English language packs. I ran the version of Firefox
8.0.1 that I installed, and the language pack add-ons had been
re-activated automatically.

TJ