[Mageia-discuss] Wiki edit permission

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:35:33 CET 2011

Am Montag, 28. November 2011, 12:22:11 schrieb Juergen Harms:
>  > What is your account name? There is a problem with underscores (so I
>  > had to register a second account without an underscore).
>
> Yes, my account name is juergen_harms - has an underscore. Has an
> alternative account already been created - which? (I tried juergenharms,
> does not work). I suggest replacing the underscore by a dot (".")
Nope, as I said, I had to create one, we didn't do it automatically for all
people having a nickname with an underscore.
Just do it yourself, I took "obgr" instead of "obgr_seneca" e.g.
The other solution would be to look into the issue and fix it:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication/FAQ#Authentication_fails_for_usernames_with_underscores.3B_how_do_I_fix_this.3F

But since there is an easy workarround for the two of us (just registering a
second account), I'm not sure exploring and fixing this is high on anyone's
TODO list :D

> An occasion to say thank you for all your work!
Thanks!

Oliver