[Mageia-discuss] Why Mageia isn't a "Lion Friendly" distribution?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:15:26 CET 2011

Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 14:57:06 schrieb Luiz Alberto Saba:
> Hi guys
>
> Little time ago I bought a mac mini for use with my home theater system.
> It does everything that I was waiting for.
> HDMI output with audio (HD) & video, so I can connect to my denon
> receiver etc...
> The problem is: Lion can't "see" a share in my mageia machine.
> Googling a little bit, I found that I need netatalk (which we DON'T
> have) and a little xml for avahi (which we have).
> Following the "pie recipe" I was able to share my Media disk (2TB) with
> Lion.
> Then I was wandering... Why not make mageia more "mac friendly"?
> I think that it will be a good thing for mageia (nowadays almost
> everyone has some apple device at home (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac...))
> Comments?

Just file a rpm rquest at bugs.mageia.org ?

If one of the packagers is interested and has the time, he will build it.
I personally don't care because I seem not to be almost everybody having no
apple device and having no intent to ever buy one.
I'm not about to give money to the worst patent troll out there...

Oliver