[Mageia-discuss] Dual Monitors

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 11:51:13 CET 2011

it most definitely is possible and really quite easy with nvidia dual
monitor cards and nvidia-settings.  It's also very easy with a laptop
running two screens, using  krandrtray. In fact with the latter it's
easier than nvidia-settings sometimes.

As far as useful purpose, blimey, when you're writing software, it's so
nice to have compiler on one window and schematic on another; for laying
out PCBs, having schematic one screen, PCB on the other; when writing
Linux apps with Qt, having creator in one window and designer in
another; for general surfing having Firefox on one, Thunderbird on
another etc etc. I've got two 24" 1920x1080 screens and it makes my
working day *so* much easier.

Go for it, once you've tried it, you'll wonder how you managed without!