[Mageia-discuss] Dual Monitors

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sat Dec 31 06:19:34 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 09:07 -0800, Jeff Robins wrote:

> On 12/29/2011 02:34 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
>
> > Also, neither that nor the ATI radion X1300 card in my desktop detected
> > when I rotated the monitor in Linux, or if they did (more likely), they
> > didn't act on it.
[...]
> Do you mean that they didn't automatically detect when you physically
> rotated the screen or whether they ignored the settings in Xorg.conf?

I mean that I was working in portrait mode, then, with X running,
rotated the display to landscape mode, and the displayed pixels did not
change, so that e.g. menus and applications were now sideways.

I then used xrandr on the system with the ATI card; I forget what I did
on the laptop with an nvidia card. The result was a loss of
acceleration.  I did not edit xorg.conf at all.

Liam