[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:01:35 CEST 2012

2012/8/14 Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk>:

> If they don't know (or if they do know but cannot confirm a 'Disable
> Secure Boot' option is available) , I don't buy, and explain why.

This "If they don't know (or if they do know but cannot confirm 'foo')
I don't buy" is a general rule I've been following since I switched to
Linux many years ago. If I go out shopping for a complete machine I
always have current Linux cd/stick with me to test the modell on
location. If they don't let me test I don't buy. If they confirm
"works with Linux" and it doesn't I send it back (which I have done a
couple of times).

As easy as that. Of course this may mean that you may not get that
"extra cheap special offer".
--
wobo