[Mageia-discuss] Mageia on a server?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 22 19:40:02 CEST 2012

Am 22.08.2012 19:05, schrieb Antoine Pitrou:
> I don't know what "enterprise" distros are supposed to be, but IME
> Debian is quite reliable on a server.
Yes, but also quite old. I am working for a company thats main business
is webgis and we are running several debian servers and are always
facing problems because of old versions of the gis stack (gdal,
mapserver,...).

I'm trying to convince my boss to try and run a Mga server, as we are
currently testing Ubuntu servers (nearer to Debian, which everyone is
used to).
The added value of Mga in our case is, that I am maintaining most of
Mga's gis stack :)

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca