[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Rene Rasmussen mageia at paranoidix.dk
Wed Aug 22 21:43:07 CEST 2012

 On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:51:31 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:35:09 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> To be honest, I'm not competent to start replacing chips on
>> a RAM board, either.
>
>   It's a bit scary the first time, but if you follow one of the
> really helpful video clips out there on the 'net, it's not a big
> deal.
>   The main importance (apart from using the correct chip!) is to keep
> your fingers from direct contact with the chip, to avoid any static
> charge jumping across.
 Or set up an anti-static workplace. That would be the correct thing to
 do.
 Static discharges are probably responsible for 90% of all electronics
 going bad.
 I never touch any of my computer or electronics parts without my ESD
 wristband securely connected to my workspace.
 (having worked with electronics professionally for most of my life has
 taught me that!)

 regards,
 Rene

 PS. I hope only one message arrives at the list. I had chosen a wrong
 sender address in the first attempt.
 That's what happens when you're tired.