[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

imnotpc imnotpc at Rock3d.net
Thu Aug 23 12:31:02 CEST 2012

On 08/23/2012 03:08 AM, Morgan Leijström wrote:
> The less expensive approach is to use a wristband. A plus is to avoid
> sunthetic clothing, and you could work on such pink bubble palstic
> wrapping some electronics come with, it is antistatic. Avoid metal and
> plastic table, prefer untreated wood.
I have a painted wooden surface on my workbench, but it's still quite
hard and I always worried that if I pressed too hard on the board I
might damage a weak solder connection. I also had issues with scuffing
the surface of cases, particularly black matte cases. I've been putting
a large sheet of cardboard on top of the bench and it's worked very
well. Do you think the cardboard is an ESD risk?

Jeff