[Mageia-discuss] UEFI and Secure Boot

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Fri Aug 24 17:21:01 CEST 2012

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 07:54:47 -0700, Rolf Pedersen wrote:

> ground my IT corpus to the computers metal frame,
> especially before handling the component of my attentions.

  Same here, although I try not to touch the chip or surrounding area
with my bare hand.
  Instead, I flip the latches with a matchstick, and to grip
the chip, interpose a double width of paper handkerchief between fingers
and chip.

Just done that to replace the 1GB with 2GB on the netbook, which is now
busy replacing Windows 7 with 64-bit Mageia-2....

--
/\/\aurice