[Mageia-discuss] Did you plan to migrate to yum ?

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 3 07:35:10 CEST 2012

On 02/07/2012 20:59, José Alberto Valle Cid wrote:
> Reading a post in the blogkdrake's post, i see that yum is provided in
> the repositories and even is part of the instructions in this pages of
> the wiki
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Accesibility_Guide_Desktops#Sugar:_Making_computing_accessible_for_children
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Accesibility_Guide_On_Screen_Keyboards
>
> is there a special motive for this ?

Yum has been in Mageia repositories since before Mageia 1 stable (since
January 9th, 2011). Mandriva already had the package  before Mageia was
born.

The instructions in the wiki were imported because we want to do more
for people who need help with accessibility. Those pages haven't been
adapted to Mageia yet.