[Mageia-discuss] KDEPIM now totally lost

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Jul 22 20:32:05 CEST 2012

On 22/07/12 14:31, Balcaen John wrote:
> Le dimanche 22 juillet 2012 10:18:01 Anne Wilson a écrit :
>>
>> On 21/07/12 19:49, Balcaen John wrote:
>>> I guess you're talking about a *global* offline status of kmail
>>> & not eventually only the mail dispatcher which sometimes seems
>>> to be offline for no reason.
>>
>> In my case, none of the Kontact apps were working.  Restarting
>> Akonadi cured that.  I use IMAP, and absolutely nothing from the
>> IMAP server was visible.  Nor were the contacts in my
>> ~/.local/contacts folder.
>>
>> Every time I start KMail I'm told that it is offline.  If I
>> understand you correctly there is a setting somewhere where this
>> can be changed but I've never found it.  Can you point me to it,
>> please?
>
> There's no real settings, but there is a bug in ntrack support [1]
> in kde- runtime causing issue with solid network backend. In short
> initially we were providing ntrack support, however since 4.8 the
> support seems to be broken solid networkbackend reporting a non
> working kde. Our work around was simply to rebuild kde-runtime
> (kdebase4-runtime package name in mageia) without it (issue fixed
> with https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Support/Advisories/MGAA-2012-0093
> ).

NetworManager is very good on wireless connections - I haven't had
problems with that for quite a while, but I removed the wired
connection from NM.  I can't remember the details, but I was having
some problems, and the ability to ifup was an advantage.  Since then
I've been using this mixed system.  I don't know whether that can
cause any problem - I didn't expect it to, but of course there could
be issues I don't understand.

> In mga #6159 however someone mentionned that issue was still
> present when networkmanager was installed & *not* used for managing
> network ( yeah funny :p ). So i was asking to check that you were
> not in that case (if so that would be the second case & since i did
> not find the time to test/reproduce ) & if so i'll disable the nm
> support in kde-runtime too. To check the network solid status you
> need to use this line : qdbus org.kde.kded /modules/networkstatus
> org.kde.Solid.Networking.Client.Status
>

> The result (when connected) should be 4.

I tried it, and the result was 1.  eth0 has the specified address, and
wlan0 has the dhcp address, both reporting 0 errors.

Any other tests you would like me to run?

Anne
- --
Need KDE help? Try
http://userbase.kde.org or