[Mageia-discuss] HP printer not working

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 23 07:07:06 CEST 2012

Thank you for reading this.

My HP PSC 1510 printer is no longer working. I've attempter to reinstall
it and I may not be following the correct procedure. This is what I have
done:

The dialogue asks for a URI so I entered the example
"ipp://cups-server/printers/printer_queue" and then selected my printer
model from the list. When I select the "print test page" I'm informed
that the printer cannot be located.

This printer is not connected to a network and has a simple USB interface.

Am I attempting to install the printer correctly? It's always been
discovered automatically in the past without my help.

--
Regards,
Phil