[Mageia-discuss] mageia under vmware ESXi

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Fri Nov 2 12:27:04 CET 2012

Al 02/11/2012 12:11, En/na Romain d'Alverny ha escrit:
> 2012/10/31 Luca Olivetti<luca at ventoso.org>:
>> but I see that it isn't certified as a guest OS under vmware ESXi.
>
> Where exactly do you see it missing? (link, location)

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software&testConfig=16

Select "ESX/ESXi" in the "Product Name" box and click "Update and View
Results"

>> Maybe nobody got in touch with vmware to have mageia listed as a "certified" distribution?
>
> That's likely, yes. Would you want to check this out?

I'll check with the vendor, but I don't have big hopes (since they were
the ones pointing to the incompatibility and, at the same time,
proposing to migrate our infrastructure to windows server).

Bye
--
Luca