[Mageia-discuss] problems with kmail2

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Fri Nov 2 22:04:17 CET 2012

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 20:45:25 +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> I can say that after KMail 2  and me did not get along,

  I also feel the way Renaud & Shlomi do about KMail2, though the main
reason I'm avoiding it (by staying with Mandriva 2010.2) is because the
Find Messages function* is broken.

If eventually I totally give up on KMail2, then I shall take a look at
Claws-Mail, and I thank you for the help info you have provided.

I am also keeping an eye on Thunderbird as an alternative, hoping they
will smooth out its new 'maildir' option so that I can move over with
my large maildir email database.

  (*  I have checked KMail 4.9.2's Find Messages and there are signs of
an improvment, but there's some way to go yet.)

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)