[Mageia-discuss] How to mount NTFS partitions at boot?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Nov 29 20:16:57 CET 2012

Al 29/11/12 20:01, En/na TJ ha escrit:

> Reading of head-scratching problems like this are the reason that, in nearly 11 years of using Linux, I never "upgrade" to a new release. I always do clean installs, with the exception of telling the installer to leave my /home partition alone. Believe me, I understand the desire to go the upgrade path, and I know the developers work very hard to make it possible, but the risk of problems is just too high for me. Clean installs have almost always worked for me first time, every time.

Well, I'm stubborn enough to go always for the upgrade path. In fact, I don't do new installs even when I switch laptops (I just copy from the old disk to the new disk).
For new installs there's always windows ;-) (even though in the last few years linux has become more like windows, and I don't mean it in a positive way) and I had my fair share of problems with new installs too.
I'm pretty sure that if I managed to upgrade from mandriva to mageia 1 then from mageia 1 1 to mageia 2 things would have worked quite right.
Unfortunately the first step (mandriva->mageia 1) failed early on, and when I tried again I realized too late that urpmi had selected mageia 2.
Even so I managed to complete the upgrade, and I'm confident I can solve the few lingering problems when they arise.

Bye
--
Luca