[Mageia-discuss] Changing the Default wallpaper, system wide

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Mon Oct 8 22:49:44 CEST 2012

Hi.
I have a small problem that I can't seem to figure out how to do.

I have a guest computer (which also doubles as a file server), that have 12 user accounts. I like to have a custom default wallpaper on the accounts, that the users can change if they so choose.
When the system ran Mandriva I only had to change a symlink to change the default wallpaper both on the desktop and on the login screen. (/usr/share/mdk/backgrounds/default.jpg).
However doing the same with /usr/share/mga/backgrounds/default.jpg apparently changes nothing.

So, can anyone explain to me how I change the _Default_ wallpaper systemwide in Mageia 2?

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324