[Mageia-discuss] Mageia-3-Alpha2: Broadcom wireless driver fails to connect to SSID

jpbfree jpierre.benoit at free.fr
Sun Oct 21 19:52:29 CEST 2012

Le 21/10/2012 11:29, jpbfree a écrit :
> Le 20/10/2012 23:04, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
>> Are you using drakxtools to configure wlan, or NetworkManager ?
>>
>> I see the issue when configured with drakxtools, but not with NM.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas
>
> How can i be sure i use NM instead of drakxtools when configuring my
> wireless card ?
>
> only place I see NM is when asked if i want my wireless card be
> managed by network manager!
> (my own translation from the top of my head)
>
> thanks in advance for your time.
>
> JPB

answering my own question.
I follow the MAGEIA QA procedure at
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/QA_procedure:Knetworkmanager
and now it automagically reconnect after a reboot or a suspend/resume :-)
only drawback; i have to enter a passwd for kwallet :-(
so two questions:
- is there a way to store the password locally?
- this is a default mga3a2 X86_64 installation so i hope for final mga3
networkmanager
will be the default program?

JPB