[Mageia-discuss] Linux under threat ?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Oct 30 21:21:44 CET 2012

Le 2012-10-30 06:32, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati a écrit :
> Jailbreaking tablets has been ruled illegal.
>
> http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194954
>
> How long before we are banned by law from installing Linux on a computer that
> was originally sold with Windows ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Move to Canada, EU, S.America, Africa, Asia etc ... then you won't have
that problem! The article does go on to say how absurd the rules are
about this and how the exemptions to the rules extend this absurdity. :-)

Common sense usually prevails. Don't worry about linux, worry about it
if it is not linux!

Cheers,

Marc

--