[Mageia-discuss] Playing flv files - solved

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Sun Sep 2 11:04:57 CEST 2012

On 02/09/12 17:52, Len Lawrence wrote:
> On 02/09/12 07:08, Phil wrote:
>> Thank you for reading this.
>>
>> Someone recently asked a question about this very topic but the answer
>> didn't help me.
>>
>> I have always been able to play flv files, with various players, until
>> Mageia 2. For example, this is the error that VLC generates:

I noticed that older video clips that I had downloaded from youtube
played but newer ones don't. So I reasoned that there must be a problem
with the down-loader and not the player, which was the case.

I have been using a Firefox plug-in called "Download helper" for several
years without any problems. It still downloads but not correctly,
apparently, because I can no longer convert files with ffmpeg.

Anyway, I now use "Flash video down loader" which works perfectly.

--
Regards,
Phil