[Mageia-discuss] Mageia PVR

ed etharp at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 2 13:59:25 CEST 2012

On 09/02/2012 07:45 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
> My wife would like a PVR. I was wondering if anyone was using Mageia
> to run as a PVR? I was planning on using MythTV.
>
> I have a spare box that I am planning to use with a terabyte drive +
> another 160gig drive. I am hoping to stream programs over our house
> lan to another 4 Mageia computer boxes. Our house is wired with
> ethernet !Gig.
>
> Any suggestions would help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

I would say first, we make sure we can walk before we try and run, so,,,
How much experience do you have getting your video capture/tv tuner card
to work in your location?
Once you get something like xawtv working and good TV signal, (and you
know where the capture card is located , like /dev/video/video0 or
/dev/vid1)  then the setup for mythTV is not too bad, but like most
hardware, it is important to be sure your capture card is comparable
with your current Linux kernels .