[Mageia-discuss] TV Cards

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Tue Sep 4 00:01:27 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help and tips!

Le 2012-09-02 15:17, Marc Paré a écrit :
> I am mounting a Mageia PVR system.
>
> Is it possible to mount 2-3-4 TV cards on the same box? I've put 2 cards
> in and I am getting a "PCI device ... unknown header type 7f, ignoring
> device ..." warning.
>
> I was hoping to PVR 2-3 programmes at the same time.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

It took a little juggling around of our TV cards in the house and I
finally got 2 cards to cooperate and now the warning message has gone away.

We use "Powerview" tv cards. You can find details on our forums here:
https://forums.mageia.org/en/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2880.

Funny thing, even when I put in the same tv-cards some of them gave me
problems. Weird. I have a Brooktree tv-card and it looks like it takes
away two PCI slots -- one for audio and another for video.

Anyway, 2 of our Powerview tv-cards match and I'll try it out with these.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré