[Mageia-discuss] TV Cards

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Tue Sep 4 11:08:50 CEST 2012

blind Pete skrev 4.9.2012 11:35:
> ed wrote:
>
>> On 09/02/2012 03:17 PM, Marc Paré wrote:
>>> I am mounting a Mageia PVR system.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to mount 2-3-4 TV cards on the same box? I've put 2
>>> cards in and I am getting a "PCI device ... unknown header type 7f,
>>> ignoring device ..." warning.
>>>
>>> I was hoping to PVR 2-3 programmes at the same time.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>

>> you won't have the hard drive I/O bandwidth, unless you go with a
>> dedicated raid card and a ton of memory.
>
> You already have the hardware.  Try it and see.
>
> I have 3 digital tuners and an ordinary hard disk.  It seems to cope.

A normal hdd should have no problem with recording atleast 4 normal
streams or 2 HD streams at the same time.

After all, that is what enduser tv-boxes do...

But depending on the pvr cards it can get cpu bound if the cards
do do all their work in software with no hw assistance...

But the only way to know is to read specs & test :)

--
Thomas