[Mageia-discuss] KDE update problems? Maybe?

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Sep 10 22:45:39 CEST 2012

Le 2012-09-10 06:04, Shlomi Fish a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 05:22:53 -0400
> Marc Paré<marc at marcpare.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am just wondering if it is just me, but, ever since the KDE update,
>
> Which KDE update?
>
>> I had problems with my desktops and laptops (5 in total). I have had
>> to delete .kde4 (Home folder) on 4 of these boxes, and the last one
>> has not been updated yet (my son just finished his summer holidays
>> and was breaking in his Windows partition with his new install of
>> WOW);
>
> Just a note - NEVER (!!) delete ~/.kde4/ as this will lose all your settings.
> You can instead move it away using the "mv" command:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mv
>
> I'm just mentioning it so people won't be encouraged to do so (and you shouldn't do
> so in the future).

This would be great if you could give a little more detail for people
(like me) who would not know what to mv. I did not know where the
problem was coming from and it was just easier (time-wise) to reset the
desktop and KDE soft.

Can you give me an example of what I would do in these circumstances?

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré