[Mageia-discuss] OT: Interesting new realtime historical archive service.

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Tue Sep 18 07:30:17 CEST 2012

I just stumbled upon this archive that I thought others would like to read about, and possibly use.
http://olduse.net/

Someone have setup a nntp/usenet server where they publish 30 -thirty- year old usenet articles in realtime, as they appeared on usenet.
The FAQ says that if you post an article on the usenet server, it will not show up for 30 years.

I thought this was fun, and perhaps usefull for those who want to experience a little history, as it happened.
So, next year or so they'll be publishing Stallmans article on launching Free software.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324