[Mageia-discuss] syncing kdepim, iPhone 4, Google, etc

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at mageia.org
Mon Jan 2 06:06:51 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM, David Walser <luigiwalser at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Mandriva had things packaged that Mageia doesn't like libiphone,
>>> libopensync, libopensync-plugin-google-calendar, libopensync-plugin-kdepim,
>>> multisync-gui, and msynctool.  Are those packages just not packaged, or is
>>> there another way to do it?  libimobiledevice is packaged for Mageia 1.
>> If they are not packaged you should open a bug report to have them included in
>> mageia.
>
> I know, but part of the reason I asked about these is I'm wondering if some of them aren't needed anymore and/or have been superceded by
> something else.  Once I know what's required I'll make requests (or maybe import them myself if I can get mentored as a packager).

In cauldron we have:

kitchensync 0.22
libopensync 0.22
libopensync-plugin-akonadi 0.22
libopensync-plugin-syncml 0.22
libsyncml 0.22
msynctool 0.22

and I'm currently working on updating opensync to 0.39, syncml to
0.5.4, opensync-plugin-syncml to 0.39 and kitchensync to 0.40.1. I
have the first three ones ready, I'm missing the last one but I hope
to have it ready this week. The libopensync-plugin-akonadi plugin
haven't been ported yet to support opensync 0.39, or things currently
work in a different way to sync with akonadi/kdepim and opensync 0.39,
so I'll have to figure out this too.

--
Juancho