[Mageia-discuss] Internet connection and Wifi Connection

TJ andrewsfarm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:19:16 CET 2012

On 01/05/2012 09:01 AM, Rory Albertyn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my windows laptop, I can connect to my Wifi network, then setup a DSL
> connection and use that for internet connectivity via the WIFI. How am I
> able to do this with Mageia? It seems to only allow a DSL connection
> over a wired network. Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Rory Albertyn (Gripen)
>
> Ps: Just had this same issue with another GNOME based OS.

Sorry, but I can't help. I have experience with but one setup, and all I
do is connect to my own wireless G router. I have no experience with DSL
at all.

My provider gives me one ethernet cable already connected to the
Internet, which I can the either connect directly to one computer, or to
a router to split among several. About as simple as can be, and I like
to keep things simple.

TJ