[Mageia-discuss] Pictures missing in GDM

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 9 14:05:28 CET 2012

On 01/09/2012 02:47 AM, Alejandro López wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My silly problem started *about* the same day I switched from Mandriva
> to Mageiga. I cannot actually tell whether it was the same day, or if
> it started a few days before or a few days after.
>
> The problem is that when I'm presented the login screen right after
> booting with all the users (I have 5), their pictures are not shown,
> although they used to be. If I log-in and -out, then their pictures
> are shown.
This may have something to do with the business of MDV's documentation
and artwork not being FOSS, and therefore not directly usable by Mageia.

If you were configured to use the system-supplied icons, there may be
none in Mageia.  Or, the default enablement for this feature may have
changed; see
http://projects.gnome.org/gdm/docs/2.20/overview.html#facebrowser