[Mageia-discuss] Glitch with nvidia FX 5500 card driver

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Jan 19 09:55:58 CET 2012

Al 19/01/2012 3:43, En/na TJ ha escrit:

> After that, I tried turning off the desktop effects, but that was even
> worse in its own way because while the menu scrambling wasn't as
> prominent, when I went to shut things down the background went away and
> something from out of an old cache was displayed.

Something similar is happening here, when the shutdown menu shows, the
background is "scrambled" (colored noise), but it's a completely
different card (an acer aspire 722 with a radeon hd6250) with a
completely different driver (catalyst driver downloaded from amd, the
one from the repositories didn't work).
I didn't touch desktop effects at all, so I cannot say if they are
enabled or not.
Maybe the root cause of the problem is similar.
--
Luca