[Mageia-discuss] mageia 1 on acer aspire one 722
ftg at roadrunner.com
Mon Jan 23 18:03:30 CET 2012
On 01/08/2012 11:37 AM, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> This is just a quick report (though I don't mind if somebody will chime in with some help)
> on the issues I had installing mageia 1 on this netbook.
I recently bought this same machine for my wife. I had put her previous
laptop on Mageia 1, and thought to do the same here, but immediately ran
into the wireless issue, and moved right to Cauldron.
Cauldron works fine on this box, so there is light at the end of the
tunnel for you :-)
One "gotcha": As delivered, I was getting intermittent machine checks,
citing L1 cache corruption. I couldn't replicate it under load, and it
seemed only to happen when my wife was doing light surfing, about once a
I shipped the box back to Acer, who claimed they couldn't reproduce it
and shipped it back, BUT they also updated the BIOS, and I haven't seen
another machine check.
So, definitely update the BIOS. It didn't occur to me that a BIOS error
could produce a machine check in a running Linux system, but it could
have something to do with the DSDT, I suppose.
More information about the Mageia-discuss