[Mageia-discuss] Mandriva in danger of closing its doors

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:57:58 CET 2012

2012/1/24 Catalin Florin RUSSEN <cfrussen at yahoo.co.uk>:

> From: Wolfgang Bornath <molch.b at googlemail.com>
>>Interesting sidenote: The russian company RosaLabs (controlled by
>>Townarea trading & investments Ltd, the main investor for Mandriva)
>>released their own Mandriva fork called "Rosa" (see Distrowatch) in
>>late December, it is as close to the original Mandriva 2011 as you can
>>get.
>

> To propose a Linux distro to Russian administration you need a Russian company. And when you look around the only distro that made efforts to made it to public administrations is Mandriva. And the Russians were lucky too, is the distro with the weakest financial situation. So, what to do?

They already did the necessary first step in June 2010 when they
invested in Mandriva - they already did a necessary step with AltLinux
before. Then they (not Mandriva on their own) managed to release a
russian Mandriva Edu.

As I wrote earlier: the best solution for all (Investor, Mandriva
company, users) would be to buy Mandriva in total and put away with
the destroyers (aka current Occam successors). Hopefully they don't
f**** this up in a SNAFU way.

--
wobo