[Mageia-discuss] A possible risk ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Feb 8 15:16:02 CET 2012

On Wednesday 08 Feb 2012 09:35 my mailbox was graced by a message from Michael
Scherer who wrote:

> And I truly doubt that having a separate person ( ie, asking to someone
> else who has the root password ) would have avoid any issues due to
> upgrade. I am pretty sure that both of us would have also updated the
> computer.

It would have avoided the issue of the computer going down when I was not
available for support.

I would have done the update, hosed the system, and been on the spot to re-
install immediately, leaving him with a functional system instead of his being
without computer until I returned..

Cheers,

Ron.
--