[Mageia-discuss] A possible risk ?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Wed Feb 8 16:20:41 CET 2012

On Wednesday 08 February 2012 15:13:57 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Yes, I have seen postings like "why do I have to use passwords" and
> "why can I not log in KDE as root" more than once. Are these people
> our target group? If so than - have fun! What strikes me is that you
> of all people are advocating a loosening of security with no real
> reason.

I do not want to have to give the root password to members of my family that
are, frankly, clueless on tech-matters.  At the same time, I do want them to
apply at least security updates.  Being able to accept updates from a trusted
source (direct from Mageia) with only their user password is the safest their
systems can have.

Anne