[Mageia-discuss] Mageia 2 bootstrap time is 3 times that of Mageia1

Marja van Waes marja11 at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 10 10:59:09 CET 2012

On 09/02/12 19:25, Juergen Harms wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 09:41 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
>> Recommend filing a bug on bugs.mageia.org as I heard that the systemd
>> maintainer is on vacation atm. Please also attach the svg to the bug.
>
> Sure, I will - Can you advise on what "Component" to file the bug -
> Release? (there is no systemd rpm package)?

    There is: systemd-40-2.mga2.src.rpm (please check your version, this
    is the last version Sophie knows and she is sometimes a bit slow)

So a bug about this package can be filed for the RPM packages component
> and is this an ordinary bug or an enhancement bug?

Please file it as a normal bug (please check first whether someone
already filed it), the maintainer will set it to enhancement if needed :)

> > Also see some stuff that I wonder is needed:
> > - speech-dispatcherd.service
> > - portreserve.service
>
> > Think the following is not needed under systemd:
> > - mandriva-clean-var-run-lock.service (systemd can do this)
> > - mandriva-save-dmesg.service
>
> There may be a secondary issue related on how these services are
> pulled in - I certainly did not explicitely request them at
> sysinstall: I always do a minimum install (custom, keep only kde and
> unchecking all other selectable groups), and run a script after the
> initial boot that does the updates and than loads the packages that I
> really need - obtaining reproduceable configurations (with, for
> instance, no "speech-dispatcher" mentioned).

Please put this in a separate bug report (check for an existing one
about this issue first), please tell exactly how you installed.  Attach
/root/drakx/report.bug.gz if you used traditional installer (DVD or
boot.iso) (I didn't read the whole discussion, so don't know whether
you're talking about Mga2a3 or an updated Mga2a1 or something else)

Regards,
Marja