[Mageia-discuss] Fosdem report

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Mon Feb 13 17:31:58 CET 2012

Op maandag 13 februari 2012 16:33:25 schreef Oliver Burger:
> Am 13.02.2012 16:12, schrieb Johnny A. Solbu:
> > On Monday 13 February 2012 14:49, Sebastian sebsebseb wrote:
> >> Maybe I should check first that the people who got photoed, are ok with
> >> the photo going public, which probably everyone is.
> >
> > In some cuntries, like Norway (yes, it's not where you are, that's not
> > the point), you are required to ask people permission before publishing
> > pictures of them. Unless it is in a public place, where there is no
> > expectations of privacy, or when they appear in an official capacity.
> > (e.g. when they perform on behalf of their company.)
>
> AFAIK it's true in most European countries, but as I see it, FOSDEM's
> exhibition hall qualifies as public place...
>
> Oliver

i agree... no registration, free entry, in a public university building, alot
of conferences are being recorded. the room we reserved for the GA was for
mageia and had public entry.

iinm last year we didn't ask permission for everyone, and so we shouldn't now.

if someone objects, we can fudge their face on the picture.