[Mageia-discuss] Fosdem report

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Feb 14 15:56:11 CET 2012

Le mardi 14 février 2012 à 14:56 +0100, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> Am 14.02.2012 14:25, schrieb nicolas vigier:

> >> You are referring to which pages exactly?
> >> And if we don't want to have a duplication, we simply need a way to display
> >> those ldap contents somewhere:
> >> Because all of us, who are not sysadmin, have an equal right to be able to
> >> see that information, don't we?
> >
> > You can access this information with :
> > $ ldapsearch -W -Z -h ldap.mageia.org  -D uid=yourlogin,ou=People,dc=mageia,dc=org -b ou=Group,dc=mageia,dc=org
> >
> > (replacing "yourlogin" with your login)
> >
> Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you are doing and I could not do
> it. I simpy lack the knowledge.
> But shall we write that command line into the wiki? Aside from not working:
> [oli at beteigeuze avfs]$ ldapsearch -W -Z -h ldap.mageia.org  -D
> uid=obgr_seneca,ou=People,dc=mageia,dc=org -b ou=Group,dc=mageia,dc=org
> ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
> Enter LDAP Password:
> ldap_result: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Weird, it worked fine for me from $WORK.

But that's another issue, there is emails and personal information there
and we should be more careful with the data and the acl. As said
yesterday in the meeting, we do not all have the same view on what and
how we should treat it, and what we can do and cannot ( and lots of
details point ).

> It is not something you can tell the public. And that's exactly what
> both of those wiki pages are there for. To inform the public!
>
> And both of those pages were there in the old wiki, too. As you can see
> here, they were imported from there:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Wiki_import_list#org

Again, the issue ( for me ) is not the pages, it is that I would have
prefered to know they existed and that they had to be updated.

--
Michael Scherer