[Mageia-discuss] cauldron special install (advices needed)

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 03:58:18 CET 2012

Juergen Harms wrote:
> In case you stick to rsync, you might be interested in rpmsync - was
> available on Mandriva, I think presently not on Mageia: rpmsync knows
> about versions of packages and could, if my memory is right, destroy
> obsoleted versions - for rsync they are just files and stay; but you can
> easily make a script that purges obsoleted package files with obsoleted
> versions).

rpmsync will rename updated rpms and move moved rpms before the rsync, which saves some bandwidth.  Ultimately, it runs rsync, so the end
result should be the same.  I originally wrote rpmsync some time around 2003.  I've been meaning to update a few things in it for some time.  I
will import it into Mageia when I get around to it.  I still use it for my mirroring, so the MDV package still works fine.