[Mageia-discuss] Mageia Podcast

John Bowden led43john at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:38:16 CET 2012

On Sunday 19 Feb 2012 23:26:19 Sebastian sebsebseb wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Valentines day on IRC edge226 (Edward) suggested that I
started a
> podcast for Mageia. Soon after the three of us edge226,
linuxguy101
> (Rodger), and myself sebsebseb (Sebastian) decided that we
would start a
> podcast for Mageia.
>
> Earlier this weekend, we did a recording test,and had Skype chats
with
> each other.
>
> We haven't done a proper test episode or first episode yet, we also
> haven't sorted out a theme tune for the show. I am hoping that
someone
> is willing to make us a good one, so if you are that person, please
get
> back to me about that.
>
> The theme tune and any other music in the show, must be legal for
us to
> use, for example Creative Commons.
>
> The podcast episodes will be about what's going on with Mageia
and that
> kind of thing, and hopefully many of them will have at least one
person
> to interview, be they a packager or developer of Mageia, or just a
user
> that wants to share their user experience.
>
> The podcast episodes will be mainly focussed on Mageia, and
should be of
> interest to many current users, but also potential users. They will
also
> have stuff in them that isn't about Mageia as such, for example
general
> Linux distros stuff.
>
> An episode of the show will probably be about an hour or two,  or
> possibly about 45 minutes. Ideally I would like to have a guest in
most
> episodes as well, or more than one. Would you like to come on as a
> guest, or maybe even sometimes be a host, and why?
>
> I think that an episode should have a theme tune at the beginning,
and
> possibly a song as well, then a musical break half way through or
so,
> and maybe at least one more depending on how long the episode
is, with a
> song at the end as well. How long do you think episodes should be
and
> why? Any comments about show music?
>
> We haven't really got hosting sorted out at the moment, maybe we
can
> host the episodes on http://mageia.org, however I would like
access to
> episode download statistics for example as well. Also I know
someone
> online who might host it for us. However maybe you would like to
host
> the episodes for us, and provide download stats as well?
>
> Do you think a Mageia podcast is a good idea? Please reply to this
email
> with any feedback :).
>
>  From Sebastian sebsebseb
hears my sujestion: an hour for each episode, maybe a theam music
song and the first few mins on mageia news, say about how the next
version is doing, any majour security problems and their fix big
software additions, then a song folowed by an interview and then
end with a song and whats in the next podcast.
Reagards John (Led43_........)
--
Registered Linux user number 414240

Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest
intentions and he was going to blow them up !