[Mageia-discuss] Team Membership Query

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 09:12:58 CET 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:04:15 -0500, Kevin R. Bulgrien <kbulgrien at att.net> wrote:

> Are any team members interested in giving feedback about whether they see
> benefit in incorporating light contributors or not?

As a member of the qa team, who also tries to help out with bug triaging
and qaushing (When the bug is lack of education), my response is to just
go ahead and join any team you think you can help with.

If your time is limited, that will have an impact for something like
the packagers team, where you have to be available to respond to bug
reports in a reasonable time.  Likewise with the sysadmin team.  Most
other teams will welcome any and all help, even if the time available
is limited.  For example, on the qa team, one of the biggest problems
is diversity of hardware between the members.  We don't have enough.

For example, when there is an update for something like hplip, we have
to ask on various mailing lists for help testing the update.

Mageia is a volunteer organization.  Don't wait to be asked to help.
Just go ahead and start doing whatever you can to help.  Obviously,
with packaging and sysadmin, you need permissions the average user
won't have, but with most other teams, just go ahead and start helping.

I'm in London, Ontario, Canada, so I tend to miss most irc meetings too.
The mailing lists are usually good enough.

Regards, Dave Hodgins